MANGO BOONDI Kadhi
Kadhi is a dish which comes from Indian subcontinents. It is made up of spiced thick gravy based on chickpeas flour and yogurt to give a tangy taste. Surprisingly, my earlier experience of this dish was not so satisfying until I had this dish made by my mother in law. Once I had her version, I was hooked. Then gradually I enhanced this dish by different variations. Today this dish is one of my favourites and I never seems to be surprised by how good it is. My friends agree and this is one of their regular demands, which I am only too glad to fulfil.
- ripe mango pulp – 3/4 cup
- raw mango pulp – 3/4 cup
- butter milk – 3/4 cup
- Gram flour – 2 tbsp
- mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- 10 curry leaves
- green chillies – 2, slit length wise
- salt – to taste
- clarified butter (ghee) – 1 tbsp
- Boondi – 1 cup
- posted cumin seeds powder – 1 tsp
- chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- water – 1 cup
- In a mixing bowl add ripe mango pulp, raw mango pulp and butter milk, mix together well.
- Now add gram flour and mix well to make a smooth consistency.
- combine all the main ingredients along with 2 cups of water and salt, whisk them together until well combined.
- Bring the mixture to come to a boil whisking occasionally. Once the mixture begins to boil, turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- To make the seasoning , heat clarified butter (ghee) in a pan, then add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds green chilies and curry leaves
- Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.
- Pour the seasoning over the simmering Kadhi. Turn off the heat and garnish the Kadhi with chopped coriander leaves.
- Add the boondi before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice.
For this and other delicious meals delivered straight to your door go to www.supper.co.uk